Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our little bilingual smarty pants

I keep forgetting to blog about this!! I am so proud of Lincoln. I know all (well a lot of) parents think this, but Lincoln is a genius in the making. When my mom and Robyn came to visit us in Utah before we left, she would let Linc turn off the light. After she left I didn't think much of it and then a little after we moved here to Nebraska I started doing the same thing with him, only each time I would say "apaga la luz", translation: turn of the light. We did that each time and then a couple weeks ago I said it to him as we were walking towards the door and he reached out for the light switch. I though it was coincidence so I went to another light that was on down stairs and did the same thing...he did it again!! I showed Dave and he was really proud of his son. Now I can say it to him and he will look around for where the light switch is so that he can turn of the light. Kids are AMAZING....especially Linc!!

No comments:

Post a Comment