Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend...




Conference weekend was wonderful!! Since we are in Nebraska it starts at 11am, which meant I had time to do a little shopping before it started. I went to a consignment sale for kid's clothes and I got Linc some cute clothes for the winter months. After that I came home and made some Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries, homemade strawberry syrup, and fresh whipped cream!! Delicious...although I think I will find a different recipe for the waffles next time. Dave made some delicious "Chilean" eggs. We had some friends over Saturday to join us so it was a wonderful day.

Linc entertained himself rather nicely so between that and his naps we got to enjoy most of the conference without interruption. In between sessions Dave and Colt went to play a round of frisbee golf and Leslie and I did a little shopping for an activity she is planning at church. After second session Dave and I went for tacos and then he met Colt for the priesthood session. During priesthood, Leslie and I did a little mod podge and made some holiday decorations. It was really fun!









Sunday morning was a good morning. Dave got a little reading done and I prepared our now traditional raspberry sweet rolls. I think we have done this for the past 2 years now. They are super yummy!! Linc woke up from his nap a little after morning session started. We shared some of a roll with him and he absolutely LOVED it!! My favorite thing is when he crawls over to you, climbs up on you and then looks at you and opens his mouth so that he can have whatever we are eating. While he was awake he played and enjoyed himself. I played with him too so he wouldn't get bored. For dinner we had chili cheese polish sausages and fritos. I gave Linc some chili mixed with carrots and he ate every bit!! On Monday I dropped off rolls to 3 people because there were too many for just the two (well three) of us. Conference weekend was once again a wonderful, spiritual success. Can't wait for April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment