Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lincoln's Latest...


**Pictures are from our recent family pictures April 2012**

Oh how I love my little baby boy! I am such a proud mother and may be biased when I say this, but he is so smart, such a sweetheart and oh so very handsome!! He always keeps me busy, whether he is wanting to play ball (which of course is his favorite thing to do), sing or dance, read books, play with blocks, clean, help me with whatever I am doing or just lay down and cuddle.


I can't believe how fast time flies...he is already 15 months and is growing so much each day! I think one of my favorite things is how well he communicates his wants and needs. He has a pretty good vocabulary, wether it is the actual word or his own word for different things we can understand it all. Not to mention how fast he learns new words or signs. Just today, Dave came home for an afternoon walk and asked Lincoln if he wanted a popsicle, to which Linc responded "pop"...Dave used that and taught Linc that it was called a "pop-pop". Now Linc will say "pop-pop". He can identify most of his own body parts and ours! He loves to sing and dance. There are certain songs that he will do some actions to: row row row your boat, if you're happy and you know it, I'm a little teapot, trot trot trot (from library toddler time), and a couple more that I can't think of right now. If we are playing downstairs and he wants music on he will come over to me and start moving his arm as if he were leading the music to let me know he wants music on.


He loves to wrestle with his daddy and even tackles him. He laughs and smiles all the time! We have been blessed with such a friendly and easy going little guy. Everyone loves him when we go to the stores...I don't think there has been one time where someone hasn't come up to him or commented about him in passing. He is so good at spotting balls, basketball courts/hoops, and balloons all over the house, stores and around town.


He is still a very good eater...although his appetite is very different from day to day. Some days he will eat like a teenage boy and then other days he will eat like he is on a diet (this includes days where he just wants fruits and veggies). Overall, he has a great appetite and isn't afraid to try new foods...including jalepenos!!


He loves reading and flipping through books. He will often times bring me books so that we can sit and read them together. He enjoys stacking the wooden blocks Dave made for him and putting together and taking apart the lego mega blocks. He claps for himself and looks to others to clap for him too when he does something good or has mastered a new thing, like put the magnets on his magnet board the correct way or puts his legos together or of course if he makes a basket.


Lincoln is definitely an outdoors guy. He loves going to the park and walking all over the place, exploring new things. When we go on family walks he hangs out in his stroller and keeps his eyes open for anything new and exciting or for animals like squirrels, dogs or birds. He likes to play at the park on the play structures and isn't afraid of the big kids. He enjoys the slide and the swings.


He can go up the stairs like a big boy holding onto the rail and when he wants to give his mom a heart attack he even attempts it going down! He has just recently started climbing on the crib rails....which tells me it is a perfect time to transition to his toddler bed. He is definitely a climber, but is for the most part a cautious climber.


He has the sweetest sad face and the cutest "smile" face. He loves dancing and I love when I look back to his car seat and catch him rocking back and forth to the beat of the song. He is definitely a people person
and love to be around and with people, but has his time that he needs just by himself.


Lincoln loves to give big hugs and will squeeze you as tight as his little arms can squeeze. He loves giving kisses and is such a gentle little guy when he gives kisses to babies. He was standing over a little baby a while back and he kept trying to bend over to kiss his head. After several tries he was able to get into the right position to give the little baby a kiss. He even shares his toys with the little babies, which he will hopefully do with his little brother when the time comes.


He loves to cuddle...especially when we are talking on the phone. He will come up to us and reach up and then just rest his head on our shoulder. One of my favorite things is when we go on walks and Dave has him on his shoulders and Linc will hug Dave's head and lay his head down on Dave's head...it is sooo sweet!


One of the newest things Linc has done is finally notice my belly. He has "used" it before as a pillow and whenever I carry him as a seat, but at the store the other day he actually noticed it...well sort of...and called it a ball! Now we call it mommy's ball and he will touch it when I ask where is mommy's ball. I have tried to put his hand on my belly to feel where the baby is kicking, but the little guy doesn't sit still long enough...or ever for that matter!


Linc is pretty good at repeating sounds or words as best he can. We were listening to a cow toy the other day and each time to cow mooed Lincoln would try to moo too! If you have been on the phone while I am holding him I'm sure you have heard him say bye-bye. One of his favorite things to say right now is "dada" and I'm pretty sure it's because that is his favorite person too! Lincoln loves it when dad is home and hardly ever wants to come to mom, but that is perfectly fine because he gets plenty of time with me everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment