Monday, April 16, 2012

First Impressions-Business

Well I have been working on this for about a month! So I figure it is time to actually blog about starting my own business. For those who don't know...I have started a new home business doing ceramic clay hand and foot impressions. I remember getting Lincoln's impressions done when he was one month old and I fell in love! What better way to remember those tiny hands and feet.


So how did I get started? Well, when we first moved out here to Nebraska I was looking for a job and then 2 months after moving here we found out baby #2 was on its way! I hated leaving Linc for the few months I worked after having him and enjoy spending everyday with him...how would I ever leave 2 little guys! So I prayed and got to thinking of what I could do during this time while Dave is in law school.  The idea just popped into my mind one day while I was sitting quietly at our dining room table and I knew it was the answer I was looking for.

I talked to Dave first to see what he thought and he was fully supportive of me starting this new adventure. Next I talked to my mom...the person I have to thank for making this even happen...who fully supports any idea I have (crazy or not)!  Then I got to work...I received my training package 4 weeks ago and to date I have had 4 families come in with 4 more scheduled later this week. I will say that these are not paying customers...I asked friends to come in so that I could get practice on all different ages of kids. I have been really satisfied with how the impressions are turning out and can't wait to get the first batch fired, glazed and completely finished.

I have my business cards and little displays ready to go so this coming week I will be busy going to doctor's offices, boutiques and other places trying to get them to allow me to place some business cards there. My mom has been a great help and is already finding people for me to do impressions on when we go to Memphis in May. Maybe when we go to Utah I can make it another business trip and do some impressions when we go out at the end of this year.

I am very excited and I know that this will be a very successful business and I am grateful to be able to do something that I enjoy that can support my family. If you get a chance check out my business blog:
www.makingfirstimpressions.blogspot.com


and if you haven't done so already, like my page on facebook: making first impressions


No comments:

Post a Comment