Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 2012 Conference Weekend

Conference weekend was wonderful as usual! I always love the talks, especially the ones about parenthood and children. Linc woke me up Saturday morning so we got right to it...continuing our spring conference tradition I made omelets and smoothies. Linc ate his entire omelet and drank his whole smoothie! We also enjoyed all of ours. We enjoyed conference and got some things done while we listened. After second session we went to get tacos from the taco truck (which is our new Nebraska tradition since Dave doesn't go out to dinner). They were soooo good! I think the last time we had them was last conference and let's just say that was too long! Dave enjoyed his Priesthood session and ended up staying until like almost midnight talking with some of the guys from our ward...was I worried, YES! He wasn't answering his phone and I kept hoping that he wasn't hurt.

Sunday morning I got up and right away started making my delicious raspberry sweet rolls...oh how I love those delicious rolls. I also cut up some fruit to munch on throughout the day. Dave took Linc on a short walk (it was pretty hot) and then they played for a little in the back yard. We enjoyed our rolls and watched conference. Linc was up for the whole morning session! We debated keeping him up until the second session started, but he didn't make it. Dave put him down to take his nap half way through the session breaks. I was already starting to cook. Dave found a bunch of recipes that he wanted to try so we did...somehow they were mostly all fried, except the mozzarella sticks, which we baked. We had: fried zucchini, onion rings, fried green beans, mozza sticks, and jalapeno poppers. We made them all from scratch and boy were they delicious! We kept going back and forth on which was our favorite...I don't know if we ever came to a final decision. When Linc got up from his nap he enjoyed some of the delicious food, too. Dave even gave him a jalapeno popper, which he loved...he didn't react to the spice at all! That must be from my side...hehe.

That evening, I went to one of my primary girl's baptism. She was so happy that people were there to support her and I am so glad I went. Dave stayed home with Linc so that he could put him to sleep...although when I got back he was wide awake! The first thing Dave says to me is "Linc took two baths today." I had already given him one and apparently Dave gave him another after I left. I seriously could not stop laughing when Dave told me what happened. So...I guess Linc was crying in his crib (or just standing and blabbering, I can't remember) so Dave goes up to see what is going on. What he finds next is not for those with a weak stomach.

Somehow (I still blame the way the diaper was put on...Dave says Linc reached inside his diaper, which has never happened) Lincoln's poopy pebbles from him diaper escaped and he had thrown them around, smeared them on his crib, sheet, and blanket, and thrown some on the floor. The way Dave made it sound would have meant that Linc had like 20 pounds or more to throw around, but we all know Dave can get exaggerate a bit when telling crazy stories like this. Apparently, it got everywhere and Dave had to clean it all up! I just laughed and said "april fools", to which he asked if it was really poop. I continued to laugh and said yes it was, but it was Linc's first April fools trick that he played on his daddy!!! Something like that could only happen to Dave...oh and Dave tried to get me with a couple things, but to his disappointment they did not work!

Let's just say, it was a conference weekend to remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment