Thursday, March 1, 2012

Smoothies, smoothies, smoothies!

Dave has been on a smoothie kick so each morning I have been making smoothies. Lincoln always wants what we eat and it was no surprise to me when he wanted a smoothie each morning too! He quickly learned that when the blender goes on in the morning it is because mommy is making a smoothie. He will come into the kitchen and tug at my leg and say "nu-num", which is his way of saying food. We would give it to him in a cup, but I decided to put it in his straw sippy cup, which he LOVED!! Sorry for the blurry pictures...he would not stay still long enough for me to get a good one.

As soon as I gave it to him he started drinking and I don't think he took it out of his mouth until we got back home from dropping Dave off at school. We were actually quite surprised at how he had just kept the straw in his mouth drinking for such a long chunk of time. He didn't even take it out when we were putting his coat on...



He is such a sweetie and looks so cute when he drinks his smoothie. Oh and did I mention that I add lots of spinach in our smoothies...you gotta get that extra dose of green veggies!! And just today I realized I could put in some of that baby oatmeal in Linc's only so that he gets even more good nutrients!!

No comments:

Post a Comment