Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blue and Gold Banquet-Angry Birds

Last night Dave had the Blue and Gold Banquet for the cub scouts. He had asked me several weeks ago if I wanted to make some cupcakes since all the families were bringing some. He knows I like to be creative and decorate so he thought it would be kinda fun for me. I had been thinking what I should do to decorate them and then it came to me....angry birds!! Everyone knows what they are and they are so popular right now.

I googled some ideas and found some I liked. I have to admit, I do like the way the fondant ones looked better, but these are totally edible and for little boys they were perfect. I got the idea off of www.thecraftingchicks.com, which no surprise are mormon moms. Go figure! I liked hers so I used her ideas and changed just a few things. When I was done I was really happy with how they came out! They were the first to go and Dave said that someone even took one before it was time to get cupcakes.



Linc had a fun time. He got to run around with all the kids and enjoyed a little outside time. It was a great success and I'm sure Dave is glad that one is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment