Thursday, March 1, 2012

Linc and the Broom





Lincoln loves it when I sweep...he always chases me and tries to get it. Sometimes it makes me go faster and sometimes it takes twice as long, but either way as long as we are having fun that is all that matters. After a couple suggestions to get him his own broom I had kept my eye out for one his size. I couldn't find one so I put my brain to work and came up with a brilliant idea! Again, the dollar store helped me out. I decided to buy a dollar store broom and just cut it down to his size. It worked perfect! He loves to sweep. The morning after we bought it he swept for what seemed like the entire day! The only bad thing was that it wasn't cut yet, so he knocked a few things over from the counters and hit some things on the walls. Dave cut it for him that weekend and he has loved it ever since. Today, I was vacuuming the living room and he went and got his broom out so that he could sweep. I also gave him a clean spray bottle and Dave just laughed when he came home one night and Linc had his broom in one hand and the spray bottle in the other...I don't remember what he said to me, but it was something along the lines of me training him to clean. Of course I am!! You gotta train them young right, especially when they want to help...

Here are a few pictures of the new short broom:

No comments:

Post a Comment