Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011 Weekend

All I can say is that it was a wonderful day full of food, family, fun, laughs and Twilight! We stayed in Nebraska so that Dave had more time to study for finals. My parents didn't want us to be alone on our first Thanksgiving away so they (and my lil sis) made the trip out to be with us for the weekend. They were good company and Linc enjoyed them as much as they enjoyed him.



Our Thanksgiving feast was full of yummy food: Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, strawberry jello, cranberry mold, and pumpkin pie! It was all so delicious and all made from scratch. Linc got his first turkey leg and even though it was almost as big as him he was able to pick it up and take a few bites of it on his own.



He loved all the food and by the end of the meal his belly was so round and full! I'm pretty sure he couldn't have put one more bite in his mouth without his belly exploding. He was so happy!! I think the highlight of the meal was Linc drinking sparkling cider...he went absolutely crazy! It was hilarious...he acted so silly.



On Saturday Dave studied all day and I took the fam on a tour of the football stadium and then we went to Omaha to check out the Mormon Trail Center. It was really neat and they had a ginger bread display that was pretty cool too. We took some fun pictures and enjoyed a wonderful day.







My family saw us off to church and then left shortly after to make the long drive back home. It was a great weekend and we enjoyed the holiday company, not to mention a big success for my first time hosting Thanksgiving...and of course thanks to my parents for helping with the cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment