Friday, February 10, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year TN

Our final trip of the year was to Tennessee! I was glad that we were going to have a nice break before having to make the one last drive back home. We got to my parent's house around midnight. They were up waiting to see us, Robyn didn't quite make the wait and had gone to bed like an hour before we got there. It was a fun and relaxing time. We were both able to take some breaks and my parents gladly watched Linc a few mornings for us so that we could sleep in...THANK YOU!!!


My brother Michael and his family came over on Christmas Eve. It was nice for Linc to finally have met ALL of his cousins and aunts and uncles. He took to them quite nicely and enjoyed playing with them.

Christmas morning we went to church and then headed home to prepare for a delicious ham dinner...Dave absolutely loved the ham and said it was the best he has ever had (hmmm...I've made ham for him before). We celebrated Christmas and of course everyone acknowledged Linc's birthday. He is still too young to feel the pressures of having to share such a special day. We made it special for him though and of course everyone wanted to hold him.








After dinner everyone relaxed, mingled and opened presents from Aunt Nancy. Everyone loved their gifts and had a fun time playing with all their new toys.



When everyone had room in their tummy's it was birthday pie time!! Lincoln got to open a birthday present before the festivities started...it was a special elf hat, which he didn't really want to keep on his head.

He once again enjoyed the birthday song and then my mom cut him his piece of pie and what do you know....HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES PIE!!! He devoured the entire piece along with the ice cream and he didn't even need a spoon! I don't think he stopped until every last bit was off the plate. He had a wonderful month full of first birthday parties and his actual birthday was a very good day. We love this little guy so much and it is hard to believe that he is already a year old. Time sure does fly!






Well we all know that December is quite a busy month for us (even without all the travels), so the next day Dave and I got to celebrate our 3 year anniversary! We started out with a trip to IHOP for breakfast. Normally this is our Christmas eve tradition, but since we slept in on Christmas eve after the long drive we decided to do it on our anniversary. It was a good meal, although Dave had trouble understanding our waitresses thick accent! I don't think she had a thick accent, but who knows. Linc enjoyed the food as much as we did and food always seems to make him happy...me too!



Dave and I planned on doing a simple dinner and a movie, which for us was definitely a treat. I don't think we remembered the last time we actually went out on a date night without Linc.

We drove around for a bit trying to decide on a place to eat. We decided to go to Joe's Crab Shack. Dave love's seafood and doesn't always get to eat it because I'm not a big fan. I had been there before and knew there would be something I would enjoy. It was really good, although I wasn't a big fan of the smell...haha! Dave enjoyed his meal and I enjoyed mine as well. We even got some calamari for an appetizer, which wasn't bad. After dinner we went to see Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol and it was an excellent choice! We both really liked it and were glad we picked that over Sherlock Holmes.



Later in the week we went on a little family hike (in my parent's back yard) and did some exploring. We visited the creek and even talked about the Hunger Games and how we would survive. We even found a hollow log and let Linc find me on the other side of it.Linc enjoyed being outside and loves spending time with his dad.






I think Linc had a special initiation into being a one year old by getting to go on the zipline my parents have in the back yard. He absolutely loved it...as did
Dave. I'm glad they got to enjoy it together.


To celebrate Robyn's 18th birthday my parent's took us all downtown to Beale Street. Well actually just to a restaurant downtown, but we made a detour walk down Beale street. Lincoln and Dave loved all the lights and music. It was a fun walk. After that we went to Kooky Canucks, which is basically a restaurant for giants!! The food was delicious. We all ended up getting different kinds of hamburgers, which were like 2 pound burgers!! They were hard to finish, I think I had like half of mine to take home. Linc just had a little bit of everything...as usual! He is the least picky eater I know and I am so grateful for it!





Lincoln absolutely loves grandpa Ruben and enjoyed all the time that they spent outside. I think he knew that if he went to grandpa he would get to go outside. Grandpa pulled him around on this little toy, which Linc loved. I was watching them and thought it was sweet so I got some video of it. I always end up turning the camera off too early. This time Linc was getting a bit sleepy (or really relaxed from the ride) and he kept tilting his head back. Just as I turned the camera off (probably about 5 seconds later), Linc kind of slides off the toy and lands in the grassy area next to the sidewalk. It was so cute and sad. He went straight down for his nap after that!

New Year's Eve made it's way and it was a fun night. Michael, Lena and the kids came over to celebrate. It was a night full of fun. We had rootbeer floats, a bunch of snacks, and Wii dance party. I was even called out by my niece to battle her! It was really fun and man those girls can shake it. They went home around 10 or so because all the kids were starting to fall asleep. We all got ready for the count down and at midnight we popped our poppers and drank our sparkling cider...except somehow I managed to miss my mouth and it spilled on my pants!






The next morning I let Linc share in the fun he missed the night before. He was probably just wondering why I was putting on this trash on him, but he enjoyed it...I think



We left super early Jan 2...and my parents even got up to see us off. It was a wonderful trip and fun for everyone. While we were there Lena even took our family pics and Linc's 1 year photos (to be posted in a different posting). She is really talented and even though Linc was not very happy at either session there were some good pictures that we will enjoy forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment