Sunday, September 25, 2011

What's for Dinner at 9 Months?

Today Linc is officially 9 months old!!! I cannot believe how time flies! I have to say that I absolutely love being a mother. There is truly no greater joy. I love when Linc grabs my face and turns it toward him and then gives me a kiss. I love it when Linc crawls over to me and climbs up on me and gives me the sweetest hug and then rests his head on my shoulder. I love it when I go in to get him after he wakes from his nap and he is sitting there with a huge smile. I love it when he hears Dave's scooter ride up and he stops what he is doing and looks toward the window. I love it when he crawls away, but stops to see if mom is there. I love it after bath time when I wrap him in his towel and carry him up to his room and he just looks up at me with a calming peace. I love it when he sits in his high chair and swings his chunky little legs back and forth reminding me how stress free life can be. I love every part of motherhood and all the joy it brings to my life.

Last night I came home to the sweetest thing. I think it was about 9:30pm and as I walked up the garage steps and into the house I turned the corner and Dave and Linc were sitting at the top of the stairs. Linc was standing with Dave holding him and Linc saw me and had the biggest smile! It was almost like he knew he was supposed to be asleep, but wanted to give the cutest look he could so I would forget that he was still awake. Well I was actually happy that he was awake! He was so happy and playful. Dave and I played with him for about 15 minutes before putting him to bed. He loves it when one of us holds him and the other chases him. He laughs so hard!! We did that over and over and over and then finally tired him out, put him in his crib and he fell fast asleep.

OKAY...so today I made homemade spaghetti sauce, meatballs and bread sticks for dinner!! Linc has been showing more and more signs of wanting to self feed so I gave him his very own plate of spaghetti and a meatball. As soon as I put it in front of him he reached for the spoon and put it straight to his mouth. He is doing a really good job and most days when I feed him he grabs the spoon right before it gets to his mouth and then finishes feeding himself. He is even doing a pretty good job of drinking out of his sippy cups, although I think he still prefers a regular cup without a lid. More and more he eats just what we eat...he likes it that way. I know for certain that knows when he gets something different from us because I will catch him staring at what we are eating with a look that says "I WANT THAT". Well there it is...our sweet little 9 MONTH OLD LINC!!!



2 comments:

  1. Nine months already! They grow up so fast, don't they? Coop had spaghetti for lunch today - only his was blended up with a braun. Still a welcome change to carrots, yams, and other stuff like that.

    Glad you guys are thriving in Nebraska - and that you are posting proof on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...yeah life is good in Nebraska. They do grow so fast! Especially Coop!!!

    ReplyDelete