Monday, March 2, 2009

The best and funnest reception ever!!!

It was such a beautiful reception. So much fun! Good food and lots of dancing. I am so glad that I left everything in my parent's hands! It was a risk, but not a big one because I know how great they are. My mom made all the table cloths and bows and of course THE CAKE!! My dad made all four bouquets (bridals, wedding day, reception and bouquet to toss) and he did the flowers. Together they make the perfect team. Everyone came together that morning to set up and get everything ready while Dave and I relaxed in San Diego and took our time getting to the reception. We made it to the reception, Dave's bro-in-law Ryan and my sister Christie toasted, Tamara sang, we cut the cake, tossed the bouquet and garter, we danced, and danced and danced! We had such a great video highlight by our videographer from the temple and beach the day before. We heard great things, but didn't have a chance to watch it. Luckily he was able to send us a copy for the open house in Utah and we got to watch it in our home. We absolutely love it and cannot wait for the actual DVD to come. Here are a few pictures from the reception.
Enjoy...


Our first dance...what a wonderful moment and such a great memory!


Makayla was really eager to dance with us and was super excited and happy that day...you can tell by her smile and clapping. The daddy-daughter dance was really sweet. We danced to the song "I loved her first"...


The money dance...this was a fun way to dance with lots of people and get a little extra for the honeymoon!!


Oh man the cake was sooooo gooood!! There was not much left over at all. It was my favorite: white chocolate cake with strawberry and french cream filling. There was one layer with raspberries that was really good, too! The garter and bouquet toss went well. We had a good group eager to catch...they boys had some assistance because the garter was tied around a nerf football with some cash!



TIME TO HIT THE DANCE FLOOR!!!



It was such a fun night. By the end of the night my feet were soo sore!! I kept my heels on the whole night. My wonderful little sister massaged my feet and when Dave and I got back to the hotel he got some ice for me. Such a sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures turned out soo cute! I am glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto with Kelsey's comment. See you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete