Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome OLIVER FRANKLIN WAYT!!!

Things have definitely been busy since Oliver was born...here I am 8 weeks later getting to this post! We are all settled and getting back to our routine (new routines now with the two boys) and things are wonderful. So here is the Oliver story:

On Thursday July 5th I picked my mom up from the airport around 3, we stopped at the store and then went home. We had dinner and I finally packed my hospital bag...yes that's right, I packed right before heading out to the hospital! There was no being ready ahead of schedule with this little guy (the car seat had been pulled out of storage and cleaned like two days prior). My mom had just enough time to say hello and spend a couple hours with Linc before we left her with him to head out. We checked into the hospital at 8pm and they right away started monitoring and checking me. I was told that I would be given a small pill at about 9:30pm and then again in several hours. Apparently, my contractions were so strong and consistent that I didn't need the second dose and they started my pitocin around 2:30pm. I remember them calling my doctor in the middle of the night to let him know what was going on...he is amazing! The night carried on without any problems and around 11:50am it was time to push!! Things were going really well, except that Oliver did not want to turn face down...no matter how much the doctor tried he was set on coming out into the world face up ready to see everything and meet everyone! Because of the way that he was positioned it took a lot longer for him to come out and ultimately Dr. Martin had to help with the forceps. Eventually the little guy was born and all was well!! 
The name we finally decided on: 
                 Oliver Franklin Wayt (to be called Oliver or Ollie). 
Oliver's birth stats: 
                 July 6, 2012  12:51pm
                 7lbs 13oz.     21 inches
 It was a really neat experience because as soon as he came out (and Dave cut the cord) they put a blanket on my belly and laid him right on there and cleaned him off a little while he was laying on me. It was a sweet experience. They left him there for about 20 minutes and then they took him and weighed/measured and cleaned him some more after which they gave him right back to me.
 After the tiring labor the sight of him brought tears to my eyes...I was so happy to have my precious baby in my arms, happy and healthy. He has loved to cuddle since the first moment and is so alert and curious about everything!
 My mom and Lincoln showed up and boy when Lincoln saw his daddy he was so happy, he ran straight to him! Of course he loves giving his brother big kisses and we snapped a quick family photo with the new little brother.

We enjoyed our hospital stay and I have to agree with everyone else who has delivered at Bryan LGH that it is the best hospital experience ever! All of the nurses and doctors were wonderful and the food was delicious!! Oh and Dave's favorite part was the guest hospitality room with tons of free snacks, foods, soda, juices, ice cream and more!
 Oliver was such a good baby and continues to be really good, especially at night. I think bath picture earlier is the only time I have seen his hair down like that, the norm is standing straight up so that he looks like he is sporting a faux hawk...which everyone comments on all the time because they love it and cannot believe how much hair he has.
 We had to take some pictures of us enjoying the room and of course the food! We enjoyed holding Oliver and having him cuddle with us.
 Linc and my mom came to visit us each day we were there and he loved the trips he would take with dad to the snack room. He would pick out what he wanted and bring it back to the room. Of course he had big smiles for daddy.
 When it was time to go home we got Oliver dressed in his Huskers onesie. We have to get him showing his husker pride if he is going to live here in Nebraska!
We were all ready to go in our Husker gear. We got Oliver in his car seat and of course before leaving Linc had to try out the baby bassinet...crazy big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment