Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Happiest Halloween

Linc's first halloween turned out the be a great one! It was definitely a busy day and exhausted all three of us. We took Dave to school and then I came home to finish our shirts. Linc's costume was complete, but since I started our shirts the night before I was a little behind and had to work hard. I finished the shirts with just enough time to get myself ready and have a quick bite to eat. The law school had trick-or-treating for the kids so I had to wake Linc up to get him ready for the fun! He is such a good little guy, I opened his door and he heard it and woke right up. It was just about time for him to wake up so he was well rested enough. He had no problem with me getting his costume on and when I was painting his face he was laughing and laughed when he saw himself in the mirror. It turned out really good and everyone loved him at the school. He had a great time and by the end of it he knew what he was supposed to do when they put the candy bowl out for him. He is a sweet little count von count and even though he was still not 100% better he enjoyed the day. After the trick-or-treating at the law school we made a quick stop at home to get the candy and our pumpkins for our ward trunk-or-treat. As Dave ran up our stairs to the porch I heard him say "a squirrel is eating your pumpkin!". It really did a number on my poor pumpkin. He ate the eye and like the whole middle part. It actually made it so that the middle chunk fell out!! AND it stole my candle!!! Here is the before: And here is the after: After that we hurried up and made our way to the trunk-or-treat at church. We did not plan well at all! We were out of candy in like 5 minutes!! We took Linc around and he enjoyed looking at all the crazy costumes. He even made a little clown friend at the balloon station. He enjoyed it, but we left when he started to get fussy. We made a quick stop at the store on the way home to pick up some candy for the trick-or-treaters at the house. When we got home we wanted to take a few more good pics of Linc. It was kind of difficult because he was exhausted and hungry for real food!! I gave him some pineapple and meatballs and he ate every bite. We got some cute shots of his fangs, his vampire look, and baby vampire playing. We even caught the vampire dancing! Oh and of course we got some of his bite...he actually bit the apple. We heard the crunch!! Overall, it was a very successful Halloween!! At the ward trunk or treat


Dancing Vampire

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo adorable. Question, how did you get him to keep the makeup on? You all looked so cute and you were right Count Dracula was fitting for him without his teeth!
    Glad you guys had a fun Halloween. Isn't it so much funner with kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He actually thought it was funny when I was putting it on his face...I think it tickled him. I showed him after and he just laughed a little confused. I think he just forgot about it after that. Way fun with kids!!

    ReplyDelete