Monday, April 19, 2010

Friday...the good, the bad, the ugly

Friday morning April 16th around 5:30am my car alarm that I didn't know I had went off. Dave woke me up and asked me if it was my car. I automatically got up and started pushing my lock button on my car remote and the alarm stopped. I went back to sleep and then got up a couple hours later to get ready for work. I noticed Dave's sweater was on his car hood. I thought it was odd so I called and told him. He later told me that his brother's car had been broken into, luckily his car was unlocked so they didn't break anything. I guess the same thing happened with Dave's car, too. I thought I was lucky because my car looked fine...so I thought. I went all day at work and then went to get gas before going to my MSW Class of 2010 graduation party. I told Dave that I was going to stop and get gas before and that I would meet him at BYU. He stopped to get some energy snacks for our big race the next day. As I was pumping gas I noticed something weird with my convertible top. There were some black string looking things. As I took a closer look I noticed that my car top had been cut, twice! It went all the way through. When the people tried to open my door from the inside of my car it set off my alarm and scared them away...luckily!! I was pretty upset, but Dave was way more upset than I was.


I showed him my car when I met him at BYU and then we went to our party. We had a good time. We mingled and had some good food. We stayed for a couple hours and then went to get some last minute things for our race. When we got home Dave had already called the police and they were on their way. They got there about a minute after we pulled into the driveway. We filed our report and then I made my insurance claim. Now we just wait to see what happens. The sad thing is that we were getting ready to leave the nest and move out on our own, but now this is going to set us back financially! I'm grateful for my wonderful in-laws providing us a place to live for now!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that happened to you guys! I guess i'll have to sleep with one eye opened when i visit my mom's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. That's awful! Question: I tried to go to your zumbautah.com website and nothing is there. When do you guys offer classes? We are looking for a Thursday evening class for a girl's night out activity in the Utah county area. Thanks! Traci Burnt.Apple@live.com.

    ReplyDelete