Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Weekend in California

We got to spend another weekend in California. We love those weekends. My sister is getting married so I got to throw her a bridal shower. It turned out wonderful with all the help I had! It's kind of hard to plan a shower from out of town. So we left Wednesday after work around 6:30pm and didn't get in until about 4:30am. We were exhausted! We slept in and then had a lazy morning. We ate breakfast and watched some episodes of 24 before getting ready. We did some preparing for the shower and bought some prizes. We went to my brother David's house and spent some time with the kids. They are so cute and have the cutest personalities. We did some more shopping before heading back Christie's. I helped her get her invitations ready to be mailed out. They look really nice and their engagements came out good, too!

We slept in again on Friday and then went on a run in preparation for the half marathon. We wanted to run on the beach, but our plan was ruined when we turned away from the beach instead of toward it. We were only supposed to run a 11 mile run that day, but it ended up being about 13 miles. We were exhausted! I felt so bad because Dave didn't get to run on the beach. We made it back to my sister's place and then decided to grab some food and eat it on the beach. We found this place called Malibu Fish Grill. I normally don't go for seafood, but was so hungry that fish & chips sounded wonderful! Dave got the Wahoo Ono Plate. I tasted his and it was really good. I was either really hungry or I have misjudged seafood. We took it to the beach and enjoyed a nice meal on the sand. We planned to have a bbq and grill some chicken with some homemade bbq sauce from Dave's grill book, but the grill didn't have gas so we ended up baking it instead. It was really good. We watched The Wiz while eating because my nephew Mikie had never seen it. I guess he didn't end up liking it because as soon as the boys were done eating they went to play video games. Christie and I kept getting the invitations ready to be mailed.

Saturday morning Dave dropped me off at Misty's. She kindly offered to help me that morning get ready for the shower. We went to get presents for Christie and then got the food and some last minute prizes for my candy memory game I put together. Christie's shower was a blast. We had good food and decorations. Fun games and prizes. One of her old co-workers even made little dress cakes! I put together a dozen roses with the things that Mike loves about her and she almost started to cry, which then made me almost start to cry, too! She got tons of good gifts that are fun and practical.



Dave and I drove home Sunday morning. We stopped in Vegas at the outlets to do a little shopping. We got some good stuff for our half marathon from the Nike outlet. At one point we were literally on E. I thought we were going to run out of gas, but I kept praying and had faith that we would get to the next gas station. I did not want to be stranded. Luckily we barely made it to a gas station! I never realized that a gas meter could actually get to "E" and still run...crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment