Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter 2010-A weekend to remember

We had a pretty good Easter weekend. It was general conference weekend so very relaxing. It started off Friday night with Dave's mission reunion. It was awesome! We went to JCW's after with two of his old buddies and talked until after midnight...and after the restaurant closed. On Saturday in between sessions Dave and I went for a 10 mile run in preparation for our half marathon that is approaching quickly. Saturday night Dave went to Priesthood session with the boys and I went to dinner with the girls. It was a fun time. When I got home I had to hurry up and sew his Easter basket lining. If you know Dave, then you know how much he loves America! He now has his very own patriotic Easter basket. On Sunday morning he got out of bed and told me that he would be right back. As soon as he left I pulled his Easter basket out and placed it on his side of the bed. When he came back he saw it and really liked it! He then gave me a note from the Easter bunny. I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find my Easter basket. Here are the clues that the bunny left me:

Given the nature of this tradition, being as i am an Easter bunny of a surly nature I have hidden your gift so that you can't find it. Hahaha, I will however give you hints so I can watch from a distance as you struggle finding what is yours. Good Luck!

1. I spin round and round. If you don't feed me in a timely manner, I will make you stink! (the dryer)

2. I swing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....(the swing outside)

3. I'm as cold as ICE!! (the freezer)

4. I am behind the smallest picture frame upstairs.

5. Instead of a "boot" or a "tow" you get me. (ticket on windshield)

6. (I can't find it because it was put to dry from the snow on my car...oops!)

7. My purpose is to sing. I summon those who are hungry. When you hear me, it's time to Eat! (bell in kitchen)

8. I am in the same place as the funds for a special vacation coming up in the distant future. A place of serenity and a very famous pineapple plantation. (Hawaii fund jar)

9. I am the biggest reflection in this house. (mirror Dave made at bottom of stairs)

10. I'm outside, but you can only get to me by way of the room where pepper (dog) used to sleep...go there as if your objective was to cool down a fresh apple pie right out of the oven. (upstairs in Andy's room outside the window on the roof)

It was a fun little adventure...I am glad I found it!


During the afternoon session Dave kept me company upstairs while I made two homemade apple pies...HIS FAVORITE!! I hadn't baked in a while so it was nice. They turned out yummy and were a great treat after a wonderful Easter dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment