Sunday, July 15, 2012

Father's Day 2012


Dave and Linc are best buds for sure! Linc is always excited to see his dad and to play with his dad and to do anything with his dad. It makes me so happy to see them together and the joy it brings to both of them. Father's day morning I got up and made Dave breakfast..."Chilean" eggs, sausage, chocolate cinnamon rolls, and of course fresh squeezed orange juice. Linc and I took it up to him along with his presents. I got Dave a new Porter Cable Router and Linc got him a DVD player for his shop so that he can be entertained while he does all of his woodwork.
Of course we had to show dad how sweet he was so we treated him with some of his favorite candies! Linc was quick to grab the box of cashew turtles and held of to them pretty tight. He also wanted the Werther's chocolate toffee sticks. We all ended up going downstairs so that we could eat breakfast together. It was a good morning.
Dave helped Linc get ready for church and Linc even put on one of dad's ties, which only made it to the car ride, but it was really cute to see Linc with a huge tie on. After church I prepared dinner and got the shrimp on the skewers so Dave could grill them up...after a bit of rest of course. Linc joined dad outside to do the grilling and together they grilled up perfection!
Along with the shrimp we had elotes, fried rice, watermelon cucumber salsa and some super delicious peach lemonade. Dave picked his dinner and definitely enjoyed it! I even enjoyed the shrimp, which normally I'm not a seafood person so they must have been super delicious.
Linc even enjoyed a mini elote on the stick just like us. I have never seen anyone clean the corn off the cob as well as he did!! He went to town and devoured his corn, chili powder and all! Linc couldn't let dinner pass without giving his dad big hugs. After dinner we enjoyed a walk to the gardens and came back for some apple pie, which didn't come out how I planned...but we at least enjoyed a piece each. I blame it on the pregnancy and my lack of brain power haha! Overall, Dave said that he had a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment