Monday, June 25, 2012

17 Month Linc Update

As I write this 17 month update (on Linc's 18 month day) I cannot believe how fast time has flown by! I was supposed to get this done before we all left for Memphis, but never got around to it. I guess it's a good thing I write things down on our calendar so that I can remember what I want to put in his updates. So here goes...Lincoln at 17 months:
-He has been adding more animal noises to his collection and can now "moo", "quack" and "baa"
-He is starting to toss and catch a ball by himself, he will throw it up a little and catch it...mainly does this with a basketball.
-Likes to grab his ear when he hears a noise and looks up and asks "what's that"
-Does the motion for round and round to Wheels on the Bus
-Gives "besos" when asked in Spanish now
-Loves to do big jumps!! Squats down and then throws arms up in the air along with one leg when he comes up
-Starting to use a fork...likes big forks better than little forks
-Makes the refreshing "ahh" sound after taking a drink (he has been doing this for a few months, but I keep forgetting to put it down...I think)
-On 5/18 we were talking on the phone with Dave and as I was getting ready to say bye Lincoln says "ba bye dada". The amazing thing is that he put that together all on his own. I'm not going to lie, I got all teary-eyed.
-While at my parents' home Linc one day was trying to get Dave's laptop and as he was doing it started saying "nananana more", which we figured out he was saying banana more=more Bananas in Pyjamas (the only show he actually watches haha). I think that is when we realized he started putting words together.
-On 6/3 Linc learned how to say gracias!! Yes we have a bilingual child =)
-I ask him where his diaper is and he will pat his bottom
-Dave taught him to put his arms out in front of him to catch a ball. Now if you ask him to play catch he will stick his arms out in front of him.
-Understands when I ask him to "tire la basura" which means throw the trash away, he will also put his clothes in the dirty hamper in his room
-Dave also taught him to suck in his stomach and he will suck it in
-He holds his nose and does pig snorts
-He now holds his hand still when I am trying to do his impressions, which is a big difference from what he did before! He even asks for more...
-He will cover his eyes with his hands and say more, which means he wants to play baby's hiding. It's a song we learned from toddler time at the library
-He loves hiding behind curtains and will sometimes just hide and will sometimes ask for more, which means he wants the song again.
-Hiding must be one of his favorites because he likes to throw blankets over his head, sometimes he will walk around with the blanket over his head. Also like hooded towels on his head and he will leave it on while he plays
-Says: basketball, football (at the store we were looking at scrapbook paper and I kept showing him the different "ball" paper and asking what's that and he would say ball, but when I got to the football paper he said football! 
-You can ask him to walk backwards and he will, usually he will make it all the way to me so that he can get tickles (This particular time he walked backwards right into his high chair...didn't cry, but kinda asked for help. Such a sweet little boy)
-Starting to put more words together: "num num more", he is getting really good at saying what he wants and then asking for more
-likes to share with little babies, will bring them toys whenever he sees them
-shares food and drink with his stuffed animals (and us and real animals)

Bagel day was a fun day! Linc kept asking for food and it seemed like everything I offered him he did not want. I was running out of options and then thought I would just let him pick. I asked him if he wanted some "nums" and he quickly ran to the fridge, I opened it up and told him to pick out what he wanted. He saw the bag of bagels and chose a bagel. I gave it to him and he started eating that huge bagel. He almost finished it! It's like the costco size bagels so for a little guy that was a huge bagel! The other  couple pictures in this collage are of him packing that bag and of course all he fills it with are his sports balls...silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment