Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another Update...

My goodness...I don't know if I will ever be able to keep up on here. So much happens in our lives,which is probably why I cannot ever stay on top of this blog. Well for those of you who have seen me lately obviously can see that I am the same size and not pregnant. Things happen for a reason and we are grateful for the extra time that we have to spend as a couple before bringing children to this world. Dave's car has been fixed for a couple months now after $2500!

Christmas:
We went to the Salt Lake Temple to see the Christmas lights at temple square and then went for some yummy tacos after. As always they were delicious.

We went to Memphis for Christmas and had a wonderful time. I got to go see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra with my family. Dave wasn't out there at that point so it was just me and my fam...we had a great time and had great seats! I was with my brother and sister-in-law like 8 rows back floor seats. My parents and little sis were front row! Dave made his way to the airport on the Sunday he flew out, but when he got there we were surprised to find that his flight was scheduled for Saturday! It was a crazy hassle, but he made it on a direct flight to Memphis. We were really happy to be back together, even though our separation was only a couple days. Dave and I did a little shopping and lots of eating! My dad treated us to a trip to Graceland. We took tons of pictures and even got some in front of the famous Graceland gate.

We ate out at a Chinese buffet (Red Sun Buffet), which is super good! You really cannot find a place like that in Utah. Dave had me try something, I had no idea what it was and then after I took a bite he told me it was frog legs!!! GROSS!! I did not like it at all. We went to my favorite BBQ place called Corky's. I love it and have to have it every time I go home. I even brought back 4 bottles of the sauce!!

We saw the musical A Christmas Carol. It was a good show and we were front so had perfect seats. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. My mom was telling me that she was going to make some yummy Mexican dish called Chiles en Nogada. I was excited, but sad at the same time because I thought that meant we were not going to have a traditional Christmas dinner. It was actually even better because I had my traditional food, plus the yummy extra dish. Dave actually liked it so I will be making it on my own...who knows if it will turn out like my moms. The day after Christmas we celebrated our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! Time sure does fly. My dad once again treated Dave and I to a romantic dinner at Texas de Brazil. It has such delicious food and something that we could never afford on our own, as least not at this stage in our life.




Dave headed back to Utah a day before I did and had a worst time than his way to Memphis. He went from Memphis to Atlanta to Newark then to Utah. It took him all day and he had really long layovers. He left Memphis at like 6am and got to Utah around 11pm! I got to Utah the next morning with a short delay in leave time, but no problems other than that.

New Year's:
We hung out at home for new year's eve and if I remember correctly we spent over an hour at Wal-Mart. We relaxed and a little before midnight played a game with the adults and then toasted in the new year. We lit some sparklers outside with the kids and played some more games.





Anniversary Weekend Getaway Trip:
We had a weekend package at a really nice resort in Utah called Zermatt. We decided to use it as a weekend getaway trip for our anniversary. We wanted to take some time to ourselves and spend some nice quality time together...alone. It was the most amazing weekend ever! We left after work on a Friday and got some Subway for dinner. We spent a lot of time in the sauna and the hot tub. It was extremely relaxing. We had a free breakfast at one of the restaurants on Saturday morning. Dave got the steak and eggs and I had a Spanish omlette and potatoes. We went to Park City and did a little shopping that afternoon and then came back for dinner at another restaurant in the hotel. It was a buffet so we had tons of food including lobster and lots of dessert. It was a buy one get one free deal that we had included in the package. We enjoyed the hot tub and the sauna several times on Saturday and met some interesting couples both times we hung out in the hot tub Saturday. We also took a tour of the ice castle and took some pretty cool pictures of that. Sunday morning we had free brunch at the same place we had dinner, which was voted best brunch in Utah. We believe it truly is the best brunch. We had french toast, omlettes, fruit, bacon, sausage, and some other lunch items including more lobster. We were pretty stuffed, but could not resist the food. We walked around after that a bit and went back for another tour of the ice castle to see it during the day and when it was not so cold. It is a really cool castle. We made our way back to reality after that and I took a long nap when we got home.






Valentine's Day:
We went to Braza Grill for Valentine's day. We had kind of a long wait because we didn't think to make reservations this year. We went to Toys 'R' Us while we waited. We really enjoyed the meal. After that we went to the Planetarium for a Rock on Demand laser show. It was a great memory of our first date and out engagement. After that we went home and decorated cupcakes for our church primary class.






1 comment:

  1. sweet ice castle - where is that at exactly? do they have a website?

    ReplyDelete