Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My super cool birthday present!!!

For my birthday Dave bought me a super cool camera! It has a smile detector that you can turn on and then it will only take pictures when people are smiling. We had tons of fun with it and have a bunch of fun pics. We went to IHOP for some yummy breakfast and as we waited for our food I read the manual for the camera while Dave snapped a bunch of photos!

After breakfast we went back home to get ready for the BYU vs air force football game. A classmate had extra tickets for sale and I figured if I wanted to go to a game before I graduate then this would be the game. It was really fun and really cold. We went with Jason (Dave's cousin). It ended up being like a sports weekend. The night before the three of us went to Throwdown mixed martial arts fights. It was actually pretty fun. I think I got pretty desensitized because after a while I was cheering on all the fighting. I missed the first part because I went to the temple...yeah doesn't really make sense the temple and then MMA fighting.


Anyway, we had a blast at the game football game and I have never seen so much blue and white. BYU fans are true through and through! Go Cougars!!



That night we went to our new favorite Thai food place for my birthday dinner. Oh the food is soooo good! That was actually our second weekend in a row eating there. It is in a cute little house. The decor and service is wonderful. If you are ever in American Fork check it out: Thai Village. We stayed in our BYU game day gear and had a wonderful relaxing dinner. After dinner we went back home and watched a movie. Dave also gave me some therapeutic books for children on divorce and death. He knew that I had been wanting some for my office and he actually looked a bunch of books up online to review them. Unfortunately, his top books were not available at the store when he went so he bought me a few others that he picked out. He is so wonderful. He said that he wanted to give me a fun gift (my new camera) and a thoughtful gift (my new books). He did a wonderful job and made my birthday weekend unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment