Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Huge Update!!

So I made a new goal to keep up on our blog…we will see how I do. It might get kind of boring because we don’t always take pictures, but we do have an ever changing and super busy life with plenty of possible updates. There have been so many changes in our life in the past 5 months. I finished the first year of my social work graduate program. Over the summer I completed my first internship at Wasatch Mental Health-Vantage Point, which is a crisis residential and receiving center for teenagers. I was able to get a good handle on individual and some family therapy skills with the clients at the center. It was a really good first experience and I was able to work with a great group that taught me a lot! Dave has been studying like crazy for the LSAT. He took a break from school over the summer to focus on the LSAT. He is still working for the Provo City Prosecutor’s office and enjoying every minute of it. He works with a great group of people.
In July we moved in with Dave’s parents! Yes, we are living with my in-laws. They have been so kind and we are super grateful that they are allowing us to live in their basement. Here are a few of the things that have happened since living in the basement: I found a snake outside of the garage (first one they have seen there and I am the lucky one to find it) and it totally freaked me out! That same day I found a spider with me in the shower and because of a few other things that happened it tipped me over the edge and I had an emotional breakdown. Dave is such a great husband and is always so sweet, especially when I have my moments. We have found several spiders and a few other random bugs so we bought some spray and use it every so often. For some reason I am the one that finds most of the spiders and bugs. I think that has been the hardest thing for me, but it has gotten a lot better since we have been spraying. One morning I felt something crawling on my leg and I brushed it off. Dave kind of woke up and said it was probably nothing. I stayed on top of the covers and couldn’t go back to sleep because I was overly terrified of what it was. A few minutes later Dave started freaking out so I jumped out of the bed...IT WAS A MILLIPEDE!!! I think that was the worst bug experience yet. I guess I'm getting used to it or something because the other day I found a millipede in the shower with me and I was actually able to kill this one on my own. Okay so enough about the bugs.
We have been doing a lot of wedding preparations for Cassie's wedding. I helped sew the table cloth tops and then sewed a baby blanket and pillow cover for a Christma present. I guess I got in the sewing mood so I took advantage. Yesterday we helped put up some lights in the yard, but Dave has been so sick that we cut out early and I put him to bed. He had been working all day yesterday sanding a table that he wants to paint and working on a spice rack that he is making for his sister's wedding present. He is so thoughtful and helped as much as he possibly could.
School has started for the both of us. Dave is taking a lighter load so that he can focus on the LSAT. He needs to do well so that we get into a good school in a good area...we don't want to live in the middle of no where so his score really needs to be good!
I have started my second internship at the Primary Children's Center for Counseling. It is a 20 hour a week internship and I am really looking forward to it. I am going to get tons of experience in individual counseling and group therapy. I also have a job at the BYU Comprehensive Clinic where I am getting experience doing intakes. It is also a really good experience that I am totally enjoying. I'm still teaching Zumba, but am down to 2-3 classes a week. This is so much more enjoyable than teaching 9 classes a week. I am taking my second to last semester of school and it is so wonderful I am really looking forward to my classes. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I actually bought my books this semseter because they all looked so interesting. Some of the classes I am really looking foward to are my marriage and families class, child and adolescent class, and play therapy. The other classes are for my research project and for my internship.
I guess this is a good start at updating our blog. I'm hoping to keep it more up to date and current. Oh and we will even try to get some more pictures on her too!

1 comment: